Gorilla Trekking Rwanda – Best Rwanda Gorilla Tours 2022
Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda is always glad to secure your Mountain Gorilla Trekking Permit or arranging transportation to/from you to your amazing gorilla experience in Parc National de volcans (Volcanoes National park) with cozy accommodation. Gorilla Trekking in the Volcanoes national park is the best highlight of a Rwanda tour. Despite their scary size, the mountain gorillas are non violent animals and usually quite safe to be around with.
Therefore, don’t expect any attack from mountain gorillas unless if you dare mess with their peace. You always have a chance to enjoy a moment with your host and even have a meal there in the forest; you will notice that mountain gorillas are entirely vegetarian mammals.
An encounter with the male silverback at close quarters can be a hair rising experience if you have never got a chance to see these giant primates. Please do note that gorilla trekking is not an easy activity, you need to exercise your energy through the steep, and sloppy areas in the Park. Get a grip of yourself because you might find it raining in the forest and the paths are very muddy. Encountering the gorillas at last will be worth your effort.
Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations
- You should never go gorilla trekking while in bad health condition, as the path maybe strenuous for you. If you got a cold, do not sneeze before the gorilla as they can be easily infected with human illness.
- Make sure to carry enough drinking water as you can get very thirty on the trek and at higher altitudes you could have a headache. Make it a point that your guide has packed for you enough water and a meal.
- It is very important to remember to take your stand. Even if it is not easy for someone not to get freighted when a huge animal is staring down at you but remember that animals have an uncanny ability to sense fear.
- All visitors are requested to remain about 5m from the mountain gorillas at all times, although most guide tent to flaunt the rule.
- All visitors are restricted to one hour with the gorillas and all flash photography is not allowed. Therefore please tune your camera to no flash.
- A strong and sturdy pair of hiking shoes is required for the trekking, carry a water proof bag for your camera, as it is sometimes rainy in the forest and this is not the time for a spoilt garget.
- At the check in point or briefing point before tracking, you maybe asked for your identification documents, therefore please carry passport and gorilla permit at all time to avoid any hassles on your trip.
How to Book a Gorilla Trekking permit in Rwanda
The fees are now hefty $1500 per person for a single gorilla permit that includes park entrance, guides and guards for you. The numbers of visitors are limited to a maximum of 8 people per gorilla group, so that it is easy to track the gorillas minus congestion in the forest.
AfriTrek Holidays and Safaris will be glad to reserve your gorilla permit and also organize a full package for your Rwanda gorilla trekking tour. With the tourism status in Rwanda today, it is getting more difficult to secure permits during the peak seasons. If you want to be assured of your booking for a permit, it is recommended to book your gorilla trekking permit “three (3) months” prior your arrival date.
Given the nature of banking in Rwanda, it is much safer and wiser to clear the entire amount for the tour before you arrive in the country. In case bookings are solid in Rwanda; consider trekking gorillas in neighboring Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park or Mgahinga Gorilla national park. One thing we can assure you, is 99% chances of viewing the gentle giants when your gorilla trip is confirmed. Book with us by inquiring or calling direct to our offices, we shall be glad to travel with you
Best Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safaris
1 day Rwanda gorilla tour will lead you to Volcanoes National Park in North western Rwanda for gorilla trekking. This is the closest mountain gorilla safari park from the capital or any International airport. It is 2 hour drive from Kigali city to Volcanoes national park. The 1 day Rwanda gorilla tour… Read More
The 7 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda and Uganda Safari will guide you through two countries; Uganda and Rwanda for gorilla trekking, chimp trekking and batwa trail an optional activity for those with time. The above activities will take place in three parks; Nyungwe forest national park, volcanoes… Read More